IEC working holiday 


  • be a citizen of a country or territory of citizenship that has an agreement with Canada 

  • have a valid passport for the duration of your stay in Canada—your work permit in Canada will not be longer than the validity of your passport 

  • provide a permanent address in you country of citizenship in your work permit application, 

  • be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive), 

  • have a minimum of CAN$2,500 to help cover your expenses in Canada, 

  • have health insurance for the duration of your stay—you may have to present evidence of this insurance when you enter Canada, 

  • be admissible to Canada, 

  • have, before departure, a round-trip ticket or demonstrate that you will have the financial resources to purchase a departure ticket at the end of your authorized stay in Canada, 

  • not be accompanied by dependents, and 

  • pay the application fees. 

For detailed information click here or visit